HAZWOPER 8-Hour Refresher Certification - Buffalo, NY
This 8-hour training course meets the requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 for eight (8) hours of annual refresher training for workers at hazardous waste sites. This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, site characterization, toxicology, hazard recognition, personal protective equipment, decontamination, medical surveillance, confined space entry and emergency procedures. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of completion.
HAZWOPER applies to five groups of employers and their employees. This includes employees who are exposed (or potentially exposed) to hazardous substances and who are engaged in one of the following operations as specified by OSHA regulations:
- Cleanup operations required by a governmental body (federal, state, local or other) involving hazardous substances conducted at uncontrolled hazardous-waste sites
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA)
- Voluntary cleanup operations at sites recognized by a federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous-waste sites
- Operations involving hazardous waste which are conducted at treatment, storage and disposal facilities regulated by Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations, parts 264 and 265 pursuant to the RCRA, or by agencies under agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement RCRA regulations
- Emergency response operations for releases of, or substantial threats of release of, hazardous substances (regardless of the hazard's location)